Thursday 11 December 2014

Cycling To Work, At Last!

My XDS FA-20 bicycle neatly parked
under the table at my office cubicle :)
Hehe :) Another target achieved this year. Today, I now started cycling to work using my XDS FA-20 bicycle. For this initial attempt however, I did not cycle from my usual place at Sentul where I usually park my car. I had to cycle from the nearer Kampung Baru since I had to service my car there. Distance travelled to office, 3.6 KM (if from Sentul, it would be 5.4 KM). The journey only took me like 10-15 minutes.

Upon reaching the office, a security officer offered assistance in showing where to park my bicycle outside the building. I politely declined and mentioned that I would be bringing my bike upstairs into the building to office. He looked curious, then smiled when I folded my bike into a small neat lump of metal, and made my way inside. Other officemates I encountered on the way up were also quite surprised and congratulated me; and upon seeing me, a Human Resource (HR) staff even lamented that HR now needs to look at policies on bringing bicycles into office. Haha.

I think cycling to work is a great healthy lifestyle. Feels good too, with endorphin hormones released after the exercise and all. Hope that I can be consistent in this. After all, the overall convenience and speed of riding a motorcycle is quite tempting, especially when I can fetch wifey and have a quick bite with her during lunchtime. Maybe I can do it alternately, 1 day riding the bicycle and the next day riding the motorcycle, then back riding the bicycle, etcetera. Hmm. See how it goes :)


Update 16 February 2015

So far, so good. Still cycling to work. twice per week :)

Hashtags: #cyborg #cyclingtowork #cyclingtooffice #saibog #toofficewithbicycle #toworkwithbicycle #xds #xdsfa20 

No comments:

Post a Comment