Thursday 12 February 2015

Vital Top Armour

The unbranded head armour.
Only 3 days left before the big day, the day I engage in my first professional bicycle convoy, joined by another 5,000+ registered participants in celebration of Hari 1Wilayah Persekutuan (translated as 1Federal Territory Day). I had to some extent maintain my stamina by doing some exercise (covered in a recent post here). Hope it was enough for the daunting 35 km ride (later I found out it was actually 30.9 km, but still far). Now, for the helmet.

View from the back.
For the past several days, I have visited many shops in search for a temporary bicycle helmet. "Temporary" because I was planning to buy a proper one via Internet, but the item may arrive later that the convoy date. It was fussy about what I want to buy, and was only recently that I learned of the Overade Plixi folding helmet (but that is another story). I targeted a price of around RM30 for a temporary helmet. But every shop that I called or visited quoted their cheapest price around MYR $80. There was one of MYR $50 and even a MYR $35, but then no available size.

Inside the helmet.
When wifey asked me to go to pay a visit at the Aeon Alpha Angle shopping center, at Wangsa Maju vicinity, I just followed. And by chance, I visited the sports section there and found the bicycle helmet I was looking for, offered at a freakingly low price of MYR $16. For a temporary helmet, that is one hell of a bargain, and bought it right away :)

Hashtags: #cyborg #cycling #cyclinghelmet #helmet #saibog 

No comments:

Post a Comment