Sunday 12 October 2014

Hub Kisses Hub, A Sweet Sweet Moment

The wild boar; viewed from afar. Scary.
Due to some odd circumstances, I had the opportunity to bring my XDS FA-20 bicycle via car to a rented apartment at Bukit Merah Laketown Resort, some 300 km away from home. 15 minutes was all the time I had to explore the premises by bicycle due to a wild boar being found roaming around the area, a beast which is better be left alone and best be avoided.

However, the sweet sweet moment came AFTER I had stored my bicycle behind the 3rd (last) seat row of my Proton Exora MPV (yeah, the space back there is small but the bicycle fits). I found that the front hub actually kissed the rear hub! No space whatsoever in between, making an even slightly more compact fold then I mentioned previously before in an earlier post. I really did not know what I did, nor did the net securing the bike in place was taunt, and nor did the bike banged during the ride or the trip in the MPV to slightly shift some parts of the bicycle. Nice :)


Update 13 October 2014

After some tinkering around, the cause of this has been found. It is updated in this post here so that the most compact way to fold the XDS FA-20 bicycle is placed in a single article.

My XDS FA-20 bike, safely transported
300 km away from home.
My bike at the back of the 3rd
seat row of a Proton Exora.
My bike viewed at the back of the
Exora; viewed from another angle.
The front wheel hub found kissing
the rear wheel hub. Sweet!
Hashtags: #bicycle #bike #cyborg #cycling #foldablebike #foldie #foldingbicycle #foldingbike #saibog #xds #xdsfa20

No comments:

Post a Comment