Monday 13 October 2014

Ride High, Ride Tall

The seatpost stub which initially
was planned to be removed.
It was a good thing that I did not saw it off. I planned to remove the stub at the bottom of the my unfolded XDS FA-20 bike to shed a few hundred grams. But after a midnight cycling session with my sons, I found the sweet spot in the leg stance I use to cycle.

Usually the knees are kept bended at various degrees during cycling. This is so that when bike is idle, the rider could easily drop his or her feet to the ground to stabilize the bike. However, by adjusting the seatpost higher so that the rider's legs could be as straight as possible while remain seated during cycling, I found the ride to be far more relaxing and suitable for long distance cycling, to me at least. It feels like walking on air. Nonetheless, care must be taken when adjusting the seat height so that ample pressure is still applied to the pedals when the rider's legs are straight while cycling. One must also be careful during stops when the rider has to be unseated or the bicycle tilted to one side so that the rider's feet could touch the ground :D

Hashtags: #bicylce #bike #cyborg #cycling #foldablebike #foldie #foldingbicycle #foldingbike #saibog #tinkering #xds #xdsfa20

No comments:

Post a Comment