Wednesday 15 October 2014

Silat And Cycling

The XDS FA-20 bicycle brought
during silat class.
Silat, a form of Malay traditional martial arts and can be considered as a type of sport. Cycling, a form of transport and also a sport. Both have physical fitness as common ground, and it comes to no surprise that a martial artist can easily fall into the embrace of cycling.

I brought my XDS FA-20 bicycle to a silat class in Shah Alam, Selangor. I was also one of the instructors of that silat class, versed in the ways of Silat Cekak Pusaka Hanafi under the leadership of the grandmaster, Tuan Guru Syeikh Md Radzi Haji Hanafi. My eldest son joined me with his red BMX bicycle. One of my friend tried the XDS FA-20 and commented the bike felt OK but felt slightly difficult to balance due to the small 16" wheels.

After the class, both me and my son cycled around the green like we were the only ones left in the world. And the XDS FA-20 performed smoothly, superbly in control of the uneven pavement. Well, except for the rear brakes making a low-pitched screech when pressed. Maybe due to the callipers being too tight? Need to look on that one.

With son riding his red BMX.
When 2 worlds become one.
HHashtags: #bicycle #bike #cekak #cekakpusakahanafi #cyborg #cycling #foldablebike #foldie #foldingbicycle #foldingbike #pusakahanafi #saibog #silat #silatcekak #silatcekakpusakahanafi #xds #xdsfa20

No comments:

Post a Comment