Saturday 1 November 2014

Crawling Home From Cherengin Hills

My backpack and my XDS FA-20 bicycle
in my room at Cherengin Hills.
The driver could not stop. No place to stop, he said. He eventually did, but only after overshooting 3.5 km away from my initially planned drop off point at Plaza Tol Gombak. Sheesh :P

I was on a return trip from a team building event at Cherengin Hills, Janda Baik, Pahang (covered in a previous post here). It was compulsory to go to the event by bus from the office. Since the return journey would pass through the Plaza Tol Gombak which was much nearer to my home then the office, I brought my XDS FA-20 bicycle along so that I may cycle from the plaza to my home should the bus be able to stop there. Oh well. At least the bus stopped still within the Gombak district.

Resting by the road side.
Cycling home from the new drop off point covers a total distance of 8.5 km. Uphill. Yes, with different gradients and at some parts even downhill slopes, but on average, still an uphill crawl. My XDS bike could not take the strain with my combined weight and backpack, and the front wheel's Quando hub creaked profusely. The XDS FA-20 bicycle carrying limit of 100kg as advertised? I would say 75kg is a more realistic figure :P

After an hour of turmoil, I surprised my wife by quietly standing at my house's front doorway, totally drenched in sweat. Look at the bright side. It was obviously a damn good workout :)

Hashtags: #bicycle #bike #cominghome #cyborg #cycling #foldablebike #foldie #foldingbicycle #foldingbike #goinghome #saibog #xds #xdsfa20

No comments:

Post a Comment