Sunday 30 November 2014

Scorched Earth


A graveyard or what? What the heck is it?
Exploring the neighborhood with my son. Yep, been living for several years at the place already, but until now I still yet to fully explore the area near home. There were many roads which were difficult to access by car due to steep terrain (greater then 25% slope gradient), and many more were mere off-road trails which can only be explored using trucks or scramblers. Using my road motorbike, I tried some of of those off-road paths where I deemed my tires would not get stuck. And then I found this.

What is this place?
Curious, I parked my motorbike in middle of the trail, and continued further by foot. It was a an area roughly the size of 3 football fields. A hot barren wasteland. From a rusty old signpost, it read that the area was a project to build a mosque which seemed to have been abandoned for several years. Building a mosque for the community is a good thing. But building a mosque with an area of 3 football fields on top of a hill in the forest? Bad oversight perhaps? I simply cannot comprehend the logic behind it. Though I'm no nature advocate, I do know that such half-cooked projects only destroys the environment and the natural landscape. And could be dangerous for the kids too if they explored such places by bicycle or foot.

*Sigh*
Hashtags: #cyborg #bad #badplan #badplanning #destroyed #earthdestroyed #halfcookedprojects #naturedestroyed #saibog #scorchedearth

No comments:

Post a Comment