Wednesday 7 January 2015

Hiking Attempt To Empangan Klang Gates (Klang Gates Dam)

My son's first hike, in the rain. 
I got MC (leave with medical certification) for 2 days. Several weeks of daily rain which resulted in the worst floods in the country, impeded nearly all of my outdoor recreational activities. Still, I did not wish to stay in bed for 2 days either. I had to get out from home, a way to flush the negativity out of my body. Self-cleansing as some people call it. So, armed with umbrellas and a parang (a type of Malay traditional machete) for defense against stray dogs, I set off with my 7 year old son, in search for the trail which leads to the forbidden lake behind a hill near my home, a total (departure+return) of 2.5 hour hike in the drizzling rain. And as his first hike, my son did pretty well for such a lengthy journey.

The end of our hike. With the trail
flooded, we could go no further.
We found the trail, even confirming our find as we asked a passerby on a moped with off-road wheels struggling on the slippery muddy trail. But we didn't reach the lake. Our last several hundred meters to the lake was hampered by a slightly flooded trail. Could be dangerous for my son who only wore flipflops (selipar Jepun), especially if there were snakes or tiger leeches whose bite are quite painful. Next time perhaps, we will reach the elusive lake, God willing.

View of my housing area from the trail, with
low hanging clouds. Told ya (in a previous
post here) that cycling to my house would
be an overall uphill battle.
Our shoes and makeshift dual purpose
umbrella hiking poles. 

Hashtags: #cyborg #empanganklanggates #gombak #hiking #hikingintherain #klanggates #klanggatesdam #muddy #muddytrails #saibog #sgpusu #sungaipusu #trail 

No comments:

Post a Comment